- This Graphic is courtesy of Dr. John G. Cramer
- Department of Physics
- University of Washington
- PO Box 351560
- Seattle, WA 98195-1560 USA
- Dr. Cramer drew this graphic. It depicts his description
of his own interpretation of quantum mechanics which he describes
in this paper:
of Quantum Mechanics
- "The basic element of the
TI is the transaction describing a quantum [special] event as an
exchange of advanced and retarded waves, as implied by the work
of Wheeler and Feynman, Dirac, and others."
- As quoted from the Abstract of Dr. Cramer's paper.
- "It provides a description
of the state vector as an actual wave physically present in real
- It provides a mechanism for the
occurrence of nonlocal correlation effects
- through the use of advanced waves.
- The collapse of the state vector
in the TI is the formation of a
transaction which occurs by an exchange of retarded and advanced
- The transaction model provides
a way of clearly visualizing and developing intuition about the
quantum phenomena which have remained mysterious and counter-intuitive
for half a century."
- As quoted from Section 3.0 of Dr. Cramer's paper.
- Note that Cramer's transaction is a quantonic
- It is a 2D non-loop graphic similar to the ones we
- Pirsig's new philosophy called the
- Metaphysics of Quality or MoQ I Reality loop, and
- Mechanics of Quanta or MoQ II Reality loop.
- Artwork by John G. Cramer
©Quantonics, Inc., 1998-2007
Rev. 2Mar99 PDR Created